Never Dry Laundry Indoors, The Side Effect Can Be Deadly!

Share this post:

As winter approaches, many will be tempted to dry their laundry inside, instead on the terrace. However, this can lead to many health problems in your family.

A study from the Macintosh Faculty of Architecture in Glasgow found that many homes have a lot of moisture, and that laundry contributes up to 30 percent to this moisture.

The researchers said that they found moisture in three-quarters of the surveyed homes, which leads to the appearance of dust mites and the increased concentration of mold spores.

Air that is contaminated with these organisms can easily cause asthma and other allergic conditions.

The study included more than 100 houses during the winter of 2011 and came to the discovery that 87% of people dry their laundry inside during cold weather, and two-thirds of the people leave their laundry close to a heat source, such as the radiator.

This leads to an increase of moisture in the air by 30 % in the days when laundry is washed and dried, and 15 % on average days.

The researchers said that houses with best-quality insulation were at a bigger risk of moisture.

“People insulate their houses for energy efficiency, but it creates problems with ventilation”, said one of the study authors, professor Colin Porteous.

Because of increased awareness of the energy consumption of tumble dryers, many people are choosing to dry clothes passively within their home, so they don’t even use their tumble dryers.

Mold is a common house problem and ten types of the fungus are dangerous for people’s health. It can cause sinusitis, bronchitis and other problems with the respiratory organs, and also trigger allergies.

It appears when there’s a lot of moisture in the air – around the bathtub, shower, dishwasher, and the washing machine in the kitchen. It can also be found in the soil of houseplants.

The best way to prevent the accumulation of mold is to open the windows every day, use the ventilation system and fix all damaged surfaces, such as a leaky roofs, broken wall tiles or cracked windows.

If you already have mold, the best way to clean it is with bleach. There are biocides (pesticides for fungi) which are very effective. You must be careful because they can be deadly.

When you paint the walls, use hydrophobic color in the bathroom and kitchen to prevent moisture and mold.

Source:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2851908/Drying-WASHING-indoors-harm-health-Damp-environment-creates-ideal-breeding-ground-mould-spores-trigger-infections.html

Share this post: